Throughout New Mexico, the stars are aligning toward a consensus vision for early childhood development.
Several reports have been released during the past year, including ours (see links below), which provide an opportunity to re-frame the discussion and set a course of action toward developing a unifying vision for early childhood services throughout the state. Our report is below:
- Full Report: Toward a Consensus Vision for Early Childhood Development
- Executive Summary: Census Vision
- New Mexico Child Care Education Association (NMCCEA)
- New Mexico Association for the Education of Young Children (NMAEYC)
- Southern New Mexico Early Childhood Alliance
- Montessori Network of New Mexico
- Businesses, Educators, & Families Organizing to Reform Education (BEFORE)
- Western New Mexico University (WNMU) Early Childhood Programs
- New Mexico Early Childhood Council
The recommendations we offer are intended to help guide that discussion and to ensure that any strategies related to expanding early childhood services also take into consideration the impact of such strategies on child care centers within communities.